January 3, 2013

PocketBoard

PocketBoard is a 14.5" long skateboard designed to be the opposite of my electric scooter: It is a small, simple and reliable vehicle for going short distances quickly.  At roughly 5% the weight of the scooter and some small fraction of the volume, I can easily store it in a backpack or even my laptop bag when I'm not riding it.  It has a solid oak deck with inlayed aluminum plates, and (what I assume to be) standard skateboard trucks, along with some soft 60mm diameter wheels.

PocketBoard V2 keeps the same shape and footprint, but has an aluminum deck made from the side panel of a PowerMac G5 case.


PocketBoard's rather short build thread can be found here.

V2:





Resting on the stump from which it was fashioned:


This thing is really tiny.  I can get approximately 1.5 of my feet on it.  Despite its very short length it does not have an great turning radius, due to the skateboard stiff trucks I used.


Me, when I realize I don't know how to ride a skateboard:


1 comment: