After stumbling upon the bed, carriage, and tailstock from a Taig lathe, I rebuilt the lathe, making all the parts I didn't have already. This includes new cross slide and compound slide, a new headstock and spindle with integrated taper for ER32 collets, and brushless spindle motor with a DC custom power supply.
Here's the build log (and many more pictures), which will be occasionally updated as I add features like auto feed and chucks.
Desktop Inverted Pendulum Part 2: Control - With the mechanical bits out of the way, it's time to go through the process of controlling the inverted pendulum. Brace yourself for babble about transfe...
1 day ago